Friday, August 2, 2013

Great Gem in "Cashmere Cottage Yarns"

Last weekend I had the pleasure of spending the weekend with some of the best ladies I know for a little "girls weekend." Before that, I was able to spend the night with my brother in Cashmere, a little town in Eastern Washington. As we were leaving the restaurant we were having dinner at I noticed a business card pinned to the bulletin board of community events they had near the door. It was for a yarn shop!! I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see a new yarn shop now could I?! :)

The next day I found the cutest, friendliest little yarn shop in Cashmere, WA called Cashmere Cottage Yarn." It's one of those places where people who love to knit congregate with other like-minded people and share experiences, knowledge and life.

Of course I spent about an hour just looking around the 300 sq ft. shop and found so many beautiful yarns and lots, and lots of sample projects! These are some of the beautiful yarns I purchased to actually make some scarves and cowls for myself this winter :)


I also purchased some amazing "Malabrigo Rasta" yarn and created the beautiful cowl below. I still have to find the perfect buttons, but you get the idea :) I can't wait for the cool weather so I can wear this super soft cowl.

One of the shop owners spent so much time with me finding the perfect patterns, searching the web for a specific pattern and even winding all of the yarn for me so I am ready to go :

I will definitely be returning to this gem of a shop in Cashmere every time I visit my brother. Now I have TWO reasons to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment