Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Yarn Bombing and Craft Fairs

I know, I know, it's been F-O-R-EVER since I have posted on this blog. As far as Beehive Creations
is concerned I have been focusing on building inventory for my very first craft fairs I'm doing this fall and winter.
 
Before I get to that, I wanted to pass on a very cool idea a friend of mine posted on Facebook.
It's called Yarn Bombing and it's basically adding knitted "things" or decorations to otherwise bland daily items or objects. Check it out here: Crazy Yarn Bombs  I especially love the work on done on the trees and then the steps to the church. Check it out and let me know what you think :)

So, back to my Craft Fairs. I have decided to do three small craft fairs in my area. Two are in the same location and one is at a school where a good friend of mine works. I will be attending the September 14th and December 15th shows at the Fox Island Market near Tacoma, WA. I will also be attending the Seattle Lutheran High School Holiday Bazaar.

My thought is to have lots of hats, scarves, cowls, and boot cuffs available for purchase and provide samples of the pillow cushions and baby blankets that people can custom order. What do you think? What are you typically looking for when you go to a craft fair or Christmas Bazaar.

I also have an opportunity to sell my items through a store near my hometown in Eastern Washington. A friend I went to high school with has an amazing shop in Moses Lake, WA called The Art Garden where she sells pottery, holds classes and sells beautiful items from other local artists. She said she would love to see some of my items in her store, so we just have to finalize how that will work and I will have my knitting and crocheting in a REAL STORE!! :) I'm pretty excited...although I feel weird knitting wool-blend hats and cowls in my tank top and shorts sitting in front of the air conditioner. Oh well, it'll be fun to reap the rewards this fall.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment